We understand that going to the dentist may be stressful for some of our patients. If you’re nervous about your dental visit, let us know! We want you to be as comfortable as possible during your dental treatment and are pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry. Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- A fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- A hard time sitting still for long periods of time
- Apprehension about certain dental procedures
WHAT IS SEDATION DENTISTRY?
Sedation dentistry allows your doctor to provide a variety of dental treatments safely and comfortably for patients who experience anxiety when visiting the dentist. There are several benefits of sedation dentistry, including:
- Less fear or anxiety during treatment
- More comfort during dental procedures
- A more relaxing dental experience
- Patients who have undergone a procedure using sedation dentistry will tell you it’s a simple, relaxing way to experience dentistry.
Anxiolysis is a light form of sedation dentistry and is often used for patients with mild anxiety or those with longer procedures or more complex situations. Usually administered orally, with mild sedation, you remain awake or very sleepy throughout the entire procedure and are able to breathe on your own, but you will feel a great sense of relaxation. Patients typically recover from anxiolysis sedation within a few hours after the procedure is complete.
Understanding the range of choices that are available to relieve anxiety and discomfort can be very useful. Please contact our practice to schedule a consultation, learn more about sedation dentistry, and find out which sedation dentistry method is right for you.